Known problem in version 1.2
(11-21-2010) I received a user bug report this morning: the calculation results is not right due to the extra comma separator in “beginning savings” and “salary”. I fixed the problem this afternoon and submitted the binary (version 1.3) to App store. Stay tuned.
What’s New in Version 1.2
1) Add new icons for the tab bars (the 3 bars at the bottom);
2) Add “shake” function to “Settings” tab bar. When at “Settings” tab, if the user shakes the phone gently, the rates will reset to default values: 7% annual investment return, 2% annual inflation. Note the user still needs to tap “Set Rates” button to make the rates take effect.
3) Fix the minor problem where the inflation rate picker moves when the user switches to the “settings tab”. Note this behavior has not affected calculation results.
I just found a bug shortly after the release. If someone reports the problem to me, he/she will have the opportunity to win the $25 Amazon gift card.
I know, I know, I am a little late making the announcement. But I was fighting a small battle.
Anyway, the latest and greatest is here. It has all the goodies of version 1.0 plus the following new things:
Fix the problem in “email results” when income_ratio is larger than 100%, the email results shows 100%. Now it shows the correct number.
Set default inflation rate to 2% (was 1% before the change); set default investment return rate to 7% (was 6% before the change). We believe the new numbers are more realistic numbers.
Change the calculation of inflation adjustment to fix the “divide by zero” problem in some cases.
iTune store link here.
Product support page here.
What is it (myNestEgg)?
myNestEgg is a retirement (savings/income) calculator iPhone app. It runs on iOS 3.1.2 or later.
How much does it cost?
99 cents in the US (Apple tier 1 price, CA$0.99 GB£0.59 EU0.79 € AU$1.19 NZ$1.29 etc.)
Any special promotion for new product launch?
Continue reading Announcing iPhone app myNestEgg ~ the retirement calculator
I am looking for a few good reviewers and bloggers for my 1st iPhone app, myNestEgg ~ the retirement calculator. Here are a few basic requirements for the reviewer/blogger:
1) An iPhone, iPod Touch, or an iPad device with iOS 3.1.2 or above.
2) Has an iPhone app review site or a personal finance blog web site. More importantly, are willing to try out my app and write independent reviews.
How to get the app?
The app is at “Wait for review” stage. I can build ad hoc version of the app and send it to you (about 500k). Email me if you are interested. My email address is .
After I initially upload myNestEgg (Aug 30 night), I did couple “developer reject” to add data persistence (Aug 31), and correct icon matching problem (Sept 7). It’s still in the “Wait for review” as of this writing.
Interestingly today Apple announced some change of iOS app license agreement, and put up a new App Store Review guidelines. One needs the iOS developer program to read the full content. But one can always read that from google news (I personally like what arstechnica has to say).
BTW, I found this Apple iOS App Store submission tips to be helpful. And this thread How long “waiting for review” to be fun. Per this thread, I should start working on the next app. Or start port my app to Android?